I, Mark Roemer Oakland, believe that one of the best ways to improve the appeal of your property and drive up its overall value is to create a beautiful garden. However, developing a suitable garden for your property and managing it is no easy feat. In fact, it is always a good idea to hire a professional landscape artist to make the most of your land and avoid making mistakes that will cost you time and money in the future.
Here are a few benefits of hiring a landscaper for the development of your garden:
1. They will save you valuable time and energy – Creating a beautiful landscape is not possible if you cannot dedicate the necessary time and energy. As a result, such a project remains a dream for most busy professionals unless they hire outside help.
Fortunately, you don’t have to waste your valuable time or energy coming up with design ideas, selecting plants, purchasing new materials, and more for building your garden when you hire a landscape artist. They will do the job much more efficiently and allow you to focus on your daily priorities.
2. They do a site analysis and create the best plan for your garden – A lot goes into designing and developing a garden that enhances the overall look and value of the property. It’s not just about visualizing the finer details that improves aesthetic appeal, it’s also about planning and organizing how to proceed forward with the project to complete it without any hassles.
Landscape artists are professionals who are trained to create a suitable system that will take every factor such as the climate of the region, the slope of the terrain, your budget, the materials required, and more. This allows them to minimize the risk of flaws in the design and development of the garden.
3. They will choose the best plants for your garden – It can be tempting to fill your garden with colorful plants, shrubbery, and more with mesmerizing fragrance in an attempt to improve the aesthetic appeal and beauty of the property.
Unfortunately, not all types of plants survive in all climates and thus, you have to do extensive research to understand which type of plants would be the most suitable for growing in your region. Fortunately, landscapers have extensive knowledge about the best plants to grow in a particular locality so that you can make the most of your money.
They take into consideration the soil and climate of the region along with other factors such as the growing time of the plants, their nutrition requirements, whether they can become a pest magnet, and more to select the most suitable plants.
4. They can create an immersive flow in your landscape – The best gardens not only look good but are also optimized for functionality to meet the specific needs of the home design. For instance, these have a flow to the landscape that makes it easy to navigate around obstructions such as sheds, driveways, hardscapes, walkways, pools, and more.
Additionally, the plants and other elements of the garden are designed and constructed to create the maximum impact on the viewers. And it is only possible to design such gardens with extensive knowledge of spatial relationships, shapes, patterns, textures, and colors.
5. They can help develop low-maintenance gardens – Most homeowners dread the task of maintaining their garden since it involves careful attention and a lot of work. That’s why the idea of low-maintenance gardens is incredibly appealing to all of us.
Professional landscapers can create a low-maintenance garden for you. These involve native plants that lower the need for chemical applications, pest protection, and water. In fact, insects such as bumble bees and butterflies, and even birds flourish in such gardens and can make for a wonderful sight.
6. They can help to lower your energy bills – The proper placement of trees and shrubs in your property can help to lower the energy bills for years to come. Professional landscape artists are knowledgeable about wind patterns and the movement of the sun throughout the day in the region.
As a result, they can pinpoint the area on your property that is the most suitable for growing large trees and shrubs that will protect your house from the intense heat of the sun and the harsh cold winds. Thus, they will provide shade during the hot summer months and keep the cold out of the home during the cold winter months.
7. They can design and set up the perfect drip irrigation system – Drip irrigation systems are superior to sprinkler systems since they directly water the roots of the plants and are more efficient as a result. However, it is crucial to understand how to install them correctly. Otherwise, it can not only raise the water bills but also kill the plants due to overwatering.
A professional landscape artist can correctly install a modern drip irrigation system in your garden and set up the timer for maximum effectiveness.
8. They can design the garden to minimize the risk of flooding – If your property has a slight decline and loose soil, it can easily become flooded even during a summer storm and create a muddy mess and wet fall. Landscape artists will inspect your property to minimize the risk of flooring.
For instance, they can incorporate permeable paving in your property to prevent flooding in the driveway, reduce runoff, and encourage groundwater recharge. These will also help to beautify the sidewalks and patios.
They can also design marvelous rain gardens or rainwater harvesting systems for backyards to protect it from seasonal flooding, filter rainwater runoff from lawns and sidewalks, and allow it to permeate the ground.
I, Mark Roemer Oakland, suggest you hire a reputable landscape artist to develop your garden instead of betting on your DIY skills. When you hire professional landscapers, you don’t have to worry about project management, quality standards, or project planning since they will handle all the responsibility.