I, Mark Roemer, understand how troublesome it is to hunt for a new mattress. Mattresses are expensive, and it can be confusing to choose a specific type when so many options are available. However, nobody can deny the importance of high-quality mattresses when enjoying a tranquil sleep. Similarly, replacing your old linens with new ones will also allow you to enjoy better quality sleep.
Fortunately, whether you choose memory foam, latex, innerspring, or hybrid mattress, there is no need to spend a fortune to purchase your dream mattress. You can find great deals when you shop for beds and linens during sales and events. And whether you shop online or offline, there are specific tips you can follow to get the best price. Let’s look at them below:
Advantages of shopping online
Generally, you can find better deals when you shop online since online brands have lower overhead costs and employ a relatively small staff compared to brick-and-mortar stores. Plus, it is convenient to shop online from your home, especially if you live in a remote region where you have to travel far to reach your nearest mattress store.
Typically, shopping online is preferable if you have a general sense of how different types of mattresses feel or if you already have a preferred option. Plus, you can read customer reviews of any product you intend to purchase online, which is another advantage.
To get the best deal, it is recommended that you shop online from stores that offer free shipping and favorable risk-free trial periods of 365 nights.
Advantages of purchasing a mattress in a store
If you don’t know what type of mattress would suit your needs, it can be a good idea to purchase it after visiting a store. You can lie on the beds that catch your attention for a few minutes to get a general feel for their level of comfort and support. Plus, you can consult the store staff to quickly find suitable mattresses for your requirements and even get good deals if they have any special offers running for the day.
Living in an urban area with many brick-and-mortar mattress stores, you may get even better deals than online stores due to the high competition. Also, remember that you can negotiate the prices slightly with the salesperson.
Take advantage of the holidays and events.
You can find the best deals on mattresses and linens during the major holidays and big sale days. Thus, it is recommended that you hold out on purchasing a new bed or linen until the next big sale or holiday. Let’s look at some of the best times of the year to buy a new mattress or linen:
1. Black Friday – The day after Thanksgiving, Black Friday, is considered one of the biggest shopping days of the year where online brands offer huge discounts on their products. This is true for mattress and linen companies brands as well. The best part is that you don’t need to visit brick-and-mortar stores and stand in a long queue to purchase your products.
2. Cyber Monday – Cyber Monday is four days after Thanksgiving and is also considered one of the best shopping days of the year. If you subscribe to the newsletters of different mattress brands, you can receive exciting couple deals and discounts on bundle deals for mattresses, linens, sheets, pillows, and more.
3. Amazon Prime Day – If you are an Amazon Prime member, you can purchase many different products, including mattresses, linens, bedding accessories, and more, available on Amazon for exclusive discounts. The date varies by year, but it generally falls between July 13th and 16th. When you shop during Amazon Prime Day, you can also save a lot of money on shipping.
4. New Year’s Day – Generally, you can find many exciting deals when purchasing mattresses online during New Year’s Day. This is mainly true for brands that plan to retire obsolete mattress models and introduce new models to their consumers.
5. Spring Product Launch – During the Spring Product Launch Day, which happens mid to late Spring, many mattress brands introduce their new top-of-the-line mattress models to attract new consumers. Now, you can opt to purchase those if you want or choose from older mattress models that are offered for huge discounts during that period.
6. Labor Day – The first Monday in September is considered Labor Day, and many mattress brands and retailers offer significant discounts during this day. Sometimes, it can coincide with other exciting promotions such as back-to-school discounts for college students, teenagers, and children.
7. President’s Day – You can expect huge discounts and lower prices during the President’s Day sales period, which starts from the third Monday in February and lasts for three days.
8. Independence Day – Many popular mattress brands, offline and online, offer discounts on July 4th. Some brands even start offering discounts starting mid-June and extending the deals a week or two into July.
9. Veterans Day – Frequently, mattress brands are not uncommon to offer attractive discounts on their old products during Veterans Day. Thus, ensure you go for mattress and linen shopping during this period to catch any exciting deal that can save you some money.
10. Memorial Day – Both brick-and-mortar stores and online marketplaces offer discounts on Memorial Day, the last Monday in May. Often, the deals start a week early.
I, Mark Roemer, suggest you consider shopping with a friend if you cannot wait till a significant holiday or event to purchase your new mattress. Perhaps you need to buy a new mattress to address your back pain, and you cannot wait for a few weeks due to this reason. Fortunately, you might be eligible for a discount if you purchase a mattress based on the referral of your buddy, who is already a loyal customer of the shop or brand. At any rate, the right mattress will ensure you get a decent night’s sleep. This will lead to a better mood and overall health.